What can I say? The lumberjack look is very attractive to women and men." He tried to keep a straight face, but couldn't help the grin creeping onto his lips. - Peter Aldridge (Olivia Greene) | View All Quotes
Toujours Pur (dot) Net
User CP The Atrium Members New Posts Today's Posts Search Fanfic Archive Logout

Old 03-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #41
Whiz Bang.
Proud Wizard

Name: Lina

Hunting Horcruxes (Offline)

Originally Posted by Lavender Brown (View)
Bellatrix/Voldemort, Dumbledore/Grindelwald to name but a few -- there's just so many characters, and so many pairings!
Yes! I had forgotten those two pairings! Bella/Voldy would go awesome together, I believe, except for the detail that Voldemort doesn't love... I'd love to see some good fanfics of them, though!

& Dumbledore/Grindelwald... what can I say? I've never read a fanfiction with that ship, but I can just imagine the naughty things Grindelwald would do as such a manipulative git.

I need to register on FanFiction.Net, haha!

banner by me | v. Billie Joe Armstrong (aka awesomeness)
Quote |
Old 04-13-2011, 08:06 PM   #42
obliviate
there is always hope
Proud Wizard

Name: Shawna
Style: Er-My-Nee

My OTP is most definitely Ron and Hermione. I love them and I was so happy when they finally kissed in the seventh book. I can't wait to see that scene in the movie.

As for Harry and Ginny, I like them too...just not as much as Ron and Hermione.

My favorite AU couple would be Draco and Hermione. I used to absolutely hate the idea of them, but now I like to see the interesting plots for them I've read in fanfics.
Quote |
Old 03-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #43
James Potter
live fast die young
Ambassador

Name: Britt
Style: Always Pure

I DON'T KNOW HOW I HAVEN'T INVADED THIS THREAD YET.

But I'm TORN. I don't have just one true pairing in HP. I've been a Lily/James shipper for all of the books, even after we found out how much of a jerk he could be, because I always knew that he had to have changed for Lily to love him. As much as I've tried, I can't bring myself to like Lily with anyone BUT James (although there have been some fics with Lily/Sirius that have tried very very hard). Plus, the photograph of Harry and James playing with Harry's toy broomstick--I just always imagined him as such a wonderful father and caring person once he matured. ALL OF THE FEELINGS FOR THESE TWO. It probably doesn't help that I've been reading Lily/James fanfics like crazy ever since I stumbled across The Life and Times, which is the most well-written fanfiction I've ever read (not just the best Lily/James fanfic).

And then you have Ron/Hermione, which is just an unbelievably wonderful ship, and I think I started shipping them fully during GoF and I haven't looked back since. I love Ron as a character, and I think Hermione is a wonderful match for him; I think she completes him and vice versa.

And then of course there's Harry/Ginny, which I've always found endearing ever since she sent him the singing valentine in CoS . I don't remember how many times I re-read the scene in HBP where they kiss after the Quidditch final. I'm really glad they ended up together.

Wow, didn't mean to word vomit, but there ya go!

mr. prongs agrees with mr. moony, and would like to add
that professor snape is an ugly git.

Quote |
Old 03-19-2012, 12:52 PM   #44
Parvati Patil
it takes a muscle to fall in love
Head of Household

Name: Shar
Style: He's Only A Boy

So everyone knows my OTP is Draco/Hermione but as far as actual canon pairings go in HP, my OTPs are Lucius/Narcissa, Lily/Severus and Bill/Fleur. None of these are pairings we see very often in the books so a lot of my love for them comes from fic or headcanons~

Lucius and Narcissa I adore because at the root of it all, they are a family oriented couple. Yes they get caught up with the wrong people and they don't make the right choices, but they make the right choices for them. They don't care about Dumbledore's cause or Voldemort's cause - Lucius cares about providing for his family and making sure they're aligned with whoever they can benefit from most. I don't see that as a selfish or conniving desire -- I see it as a desire to protect himself, his wife and his only son. We see Narcissa making the Unbreakable Vow with Snape for her son, and then we see Draco completely in over his head, trying to kill Dumbledore so that his family will be safe. This is why it bothers me when people call the Malfoys evil -- they are three of the least evil characters in the entire series, and I believe the three of them are fueled by a kind of love that seriously rivals both Harry's and Lily's.

Next is Lily and Snape. Admittedly, I didn't really give this pairing much thought until after book 7, but afterwards, I loved them. This is nothing against Lily/James, which I also like, but seeing as I have a thing for tragic ships, Lily/Snape really struck a chord with me! It's so tragic to me the way they both began and ended -- not only with unrequited love but with their friendship dissolving as well. It's just really sad to think about, which only makes me love it more

Lastly, Bill/Fleur I also have to admit I did not give these two a second thought in the books -- not until I started playing Dominique in HF and had to start thinking about them more. I've read some of the sweetest fanfics for them and now I love them SO MUCH. I love that we see Fleur and think of her as this shallow stuck up snob who's really vain, and then we see her turn into a devoted wife who loves her husband for who he is, not his looks. I also really like the idea of Bill grounding Fleur and humbling her, calling her on her shit and basically making it so that she can't get away with the things she's used to getting away with because she's part Veela. The way that she likes him for him, I like to think he really likes her for her too and that she finds that really refreshing after a past of endless guys who'd only make googly eyes at her but would offer no substance. I LOVE THEM.

omg ok sorry to word vomit too

2 Wands Up: Lily Potter, Olivia Greene |
Quote |
Old 03-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #45
Felix Felicis
je ne sais plus quoi penser
Advance Guard

Name: Taryn
Style: Fallen Flower

I'm so canon with my HP ships. I can't help it. But I didn't know H/G and R/Hr would be canon in the end! I just wanted it.

I shipped Harry/Ginny from the beginning; same with Ron/Hermione. They just clicked for me, and I just really wanted Harry to be an official member of the Weasley family. I always thought he deserved it after everything he had gone through. Ginny was so infatuated and I thought that could develop into something more. I thought eventually he could see her as more than his best friend's kid sister. I wasn't hardcore with them for a while, just because, for the most part, I just wanted Harry to be Happy. Whoever it was that made him happy was good enough for me. Even Cho. If that's who he wanted to date, so be it. But It was always H/G in the back of my mind.

With Ron/Hermione, there were always little moments that made me think they would be right together. Even though I shipped Ron/Me, I knew that I wasn't a character in the books so Hermione was the only one who made sense to me.

I know a lot of people ship Lily/Severus, but I've always been a Lily/James girl. Even though the Prince's Tale made me cry and feel all happy and sad inside at the same time, I just like Lily/James.

Neville/Luna isn't canon, but I always thought since the two of them were a bit socially awkward and had some cute moments together, that they would end up together. It surprised me that JKR originally said she didn't see it, but made me happy when she said she understood why the fans liked it. Really, the two of them just deserve to be happy, whoever helps them feel that way.

HARDCORE LUCIUS/NARCISSA. No words needed, they just are so perfect because you can really imagine what happened between them since they aren't talked about a lot. You see their connection and wonder what happened to bring them where they are. And they love their son and it's so cute so yeah I love them.

And Bill/Fleur is just adorable and the Shell Cottage and ugh.

Wands Up: wellmyfather |
Quote |
Old 09-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #46
fizzing whizbee
wish upon a star
Proud Wizard

Name: Ema
Style: Lumos

So my ships are all over the place. I really have only a few ones that I actively ship, as in reading fic about them. But then I have a heap of others that I like the idea of but can't really be bothered getting into them completely Plus I have huge differences with my canon vs fanon ships.

Canonwise, I ship Molly/Arthur, Ron/Hermione, Harry/Ginny and Neville/Luna. oh and Lily/James because of fic and coz they gave us harry! The first three are mainly because they're adorable and cute and brilliant in the books and I'm so so glad that they got together, and that we can see three very different sets of relationships that are all loving and all work. And how the dynamics are different but it's all still brilliant. Neville/Luna because they were there for each other and both grew up and both have that awkwardness to them.

In fandom, I really like the idea of Luna/Dean, because it's brilliant seeing how some writers can do it. Just from them being together in malfoy dungeon and then at shell cottage recovering. I think that would leave them with a bond and seeing that done is really nice. Also, Luna/Malfoy for those same reasons, but they're more of a crackship, tbh.

I've just gotten back into Draco/Hermione. I had a huge time of not reading them, just after the movie came out because I was having Ron/Hermione feels. But they've gone enough for me to get back into Dramione I really only ship them for the fic, as they do have an amazingly diverse and huge range. And those fic can be so much fun.

I also kinda ship Hermione/Cormac for the laughs, but all their fics are on granger-enchanted and I haven't been bothered to sign up. But I really want to get into them more, as they'd be so so dysfunctional but hilarious. Sort of like with Malfoy but more, as he'd be louder and just ridiculous fun.

There's probably a few others that I like the idea of but they're just passing fancies, those that I mentioned are my main ideas.

welcome to modern magic
Quote |