He'll never be gone. Not as long as those who remain are loyal to him. - Harry Potter | View All Quotes
Toujours Pur (dot) Net
User CP · The Atrium · Members · New Posts · Today's Posts · Search · Fanfic Archive · Logout

Old 12-30-2012, 11:09 PM   #11
Rita Skeeter
quick quotes quill
Minister of Magic

Name: Keri
Style: Always Pure

Hunting Horcruxes (Offline)

Wow it's been a long time since anyones posted in here LOL. So there have been rumors (or I think it's been confirmed?) that the WWOHP in Florida is expanding and they're going to be adding a Diagon Alley AND a Gringott's Ride which would be really awesome, amirite? I also heard some new rumors/info today that I wanted to share with y'all:

Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream: People say this is happening. It makes sense for it to happen. I really. Really. Want it to happen. If it does happen, I’m thinking the ice cream will be all delicious and authentic because they do already serve Florean ice cream over in Hogsmeade and we know that The Queen keeps all this stuff in check.

Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes: We already knew this. But I will mention it every time I get.

Dementors in Gringotts: Definitely still just a rumor, but I hope it doesn’t happen. Welp.

Aaand: We can be wizards now! Yeah!

Okay, so this is just all kinds of exciting and requires a bit of background. Back when Wizarding World of Harry Potter was still in development/early construction, there were rumors of this kickass interactive program for the whole area using MagiQuest technology. Your wand would allow you to control parts of your surroundings, kind of like in the Ollivander’s experience. Move your wand a certain way and the Hogsmeade sign will swing, or smoke will pour out of the chimneys, or the Mandrakes will shut the fuck up.

It turns out that was not just a rumor— it was definitely supposed to happen. But this was before the numbers backed up what the fandom already knew— we’re perfect and we’re insanely dedicated, so WWoHP was an out-of-this-world success. In truth, WWoHP was a gamble, and budget cuts had to be made. So this was cut.

But now we’re over two years in and WWoHP is bringing in incredible amounts of money, Universal is under Comcast’s management (a good thing), and it is no longer a gamble. It’s an investment.

So this plan is coming the fuck back and I am stoked.

Details are not completely clear yet, but the bottom line is you can expect to be able to practice some magic, even with those damn Muggles around.

The wands that enable this are slated to be around $50, and WiFi is what’s going to make it all happen.

In keeping with this, a Diagon Alley Ollivander’s location has been all but confirmed! This doesn’t necessarily mean the Hogsmeade branch is out, but this is going to be bigger, better, and more interactive with some brilliant in-store effects. There will be three show rooms, meaning more capacity than the fifteen-people-at-a-time setup they’re running with now.
Everything about this sounds awesome! I wonder what the differences will be between WWW and Zonko's since they already have WWW items being sold in Zonko's but I hope they introduce some new stuff sold there.

2 Wands Up: James Potter, julesie |
Quote |
Old 01-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #12
Lily Potter
i want you to be happier
Head of Household

Name: Vicki

AHHH the interactive part has been dying! I can't imagine how cool it would be to go there and really feel like a wizard when you can cast spells with your wand in the park That would be really innovative and just incredible. I'm also really pumped for a Gringotts ride, although I'm a total wimp when it comes to the big ones (never rode Dragon Challenge ) but especially from the movies scenes, it looks SO fun! I'm sure this'll make WWHOP even busier than ever but still lit'd be really cool to get to go back once this gets put into the works >]

then only for a minute, i want to change my mind
cause this just don't feel right to me
Quote |
Old 04-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #13
Rita Skeeter
quick quotes quill
Minister of Magic

More info about the expansion from LeakyNews!

You won’t see Diagon Alley from the rest of the park — it’ll be hidden behind the facades of Grimmauld Place, Wyndham’s Theatre and other west end London landmarks. Only when you go through the adjacent Leicester Square station will you happen upon the “secret” entrance to the land, next to the Leaky Cauldron.

The Leaky Cauldron will be the new land’s restaurant. And beyond the restaurant, Diagon Alley opens up in a riot of detail from the Harry Potter books and movies. This isn’t some flat theme park land — it will unfold before you on multiple levels, with elevated train trestles, stairways and multi-story facades. If you’re looking for refreshment beyond the Leaky Cauldron, wander down the alley and turn left at Gringotts to find Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlour.

You’ll find Ollivander’s in Diagon Alley, of course, and on a much larger scale than in the Hogsmeade outpost in the original Wizarding World. There appear to be multiple “theaters” for the Ollivander’s show in this Wizarding World, perhaps helping to alleviate the often-long waits found in the Islands of Adventure version.

Other shops will include Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions and Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment, which appears to be the gift shop at the exit from the Gringotts ride. And, yes, there are plans for a Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes as well, located near the land’s exit.

For all you Slytherins out there, Universal’s not forgotten you. Knockturn Alley comprises about one-third of the land, with Borgin and Burkes as its centerpiece.

TheGringotts coaster will be the land’s main attraction, and there’s space designated in the plans for lockers, so expect similar boarding restriction as on Revenge of the Mummy and the original Forbidden Journey ride. The land’s other ride will be the Hogwarts Expresstrain that will connect Diagon Alley with Hogsmeade and the original Wizarding World. There appears to be a ticketing hall in the works the entrance to the train station, perhaps allowing visitors who haven’t upgraded to a park-to-park ticket to do so in order to board the Hogwarts Express.
This was posted 2 days ago so HOPEFULLY it's not an April Fool's joke! This sounds AMAZING to me -- the way they're going to hide Diagon Alley and include Knockturn Alley! I'm a little disappointed that there won't be many new rides but I hope the shopping additions will help ease up the traffic in Hogsmeade.

LeakyCon also tweeted today: "LeakyCon ‏@LeakyCon 27m
LeakyCon is going home to The Leaky Cauldron. See you in Orlando in 2014!" This might be an April Fool's joke but who knows yet. It would definitely be cool to see the conference go back to Universal and sounds very appealing to me!
Quote |
Old 04-01-2013, 09:26 PM   #14
julesie
Proud Wizard

Name: Julie

You had me at weasley's wizarding wheezes. Oh man now I wish I wasn't going until this opens! As luck would have it I'm going in May lol.

Quote |
Old 04-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #15
Draco Malfoy
"I have to do this."
Away for Medical Leave

Name: Cat
Style: O Children

I cannot wait to go. At first I was going to go for the beginning of this year but my fiance and I decided to save the money and go at another time . But I spoke to the lady about the park when I was looking for reservations and she told me all about it. All I know is that I'm getting a wand from Ollivanders no matter how old I am!
Quote |
Old 05-30-2013, 05:41 PM   #16
Rita Skeeter
quick quotes quill
Minister of Magic

I'm a little late on this but...Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley was officially announced! With artwork to boot! I think its amazing that Universal has created a London facade to hide Diagon Alley so it's invisible to "Muggle eyes." It just shows how much thought they put into creating this world for us.

I follow a WWOHP thread on a theme park forum and there are some rumors I've been seeing about the park. I'll make it a spoiler for those who want to be completely surprised!:

- Goblin animatronics might be featured in the Gringotts' queue
- Snacks/drink carts will be along the Hogwarts Express queues ("anything from the Trolley?")
- Possible Florean Fortescue's being included in Diagon Alley
- The dragon from the artwork is a part of the park but possibly not ON Gringotts
- There will be 3D parts to the Gringotts ride
- Bill Weasley's office has something to do with the Gringotts' queue
Quote |
Old 08-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #17
Regulus Black
hang me up to dry
Ambassador

Name: Elly
Style: King & Lionheart

Oh my god, that artwork looks amazing. I'm super excited about Diagon Alley - now I REALLY have to go! I'm also excited about the Gringott's Ride, now that sounds like it's going to be fun. Ughh, I need to save up money
Quote |
Old 09-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #18
Rita Skeeter
quick quotes quill
Minister of Magic

A low-res poster promoting the expansion has found its way online and it makes me SO excited! Do you think they'll really have some kind of effect with the moving bricks? It might cause a lot of backup going into the area if you get to stand there and watch the wall move -- everyone will want to take pictures. Maybe at least they'll have the entrance look like a wall that's moved apart.
Quote |