Toujours Pur (dot) Net
Edit Character · Cast · Biographies · Prologue · New Posts · OOC · Timeline · Calendar

Old 12-31-2018, 04:52 PM   #171
goddamn right you should be scared of me
Played By
Parvati Patil
Portrayed By
Marina Perez

October 28, 1953
Aristrocrat
Pureblood
Married to Rodolphus Lestrange

bio | owl | ooc

Death Eater

Bellatrix's glance drifted down towards the necklace when Narcissa withdrew it, and she nodded in understanding at the knowledge that it was an heirloom and therefore very valuable. Such a gift held immense significance. Though any doubt Bellatrix had of the authenticity of Lucius' affection for her sister was lessening, it was becoming more difficult to stifle the worry of whether he had given her an accurate idea of what a life with him would be like.

"That is no small thing, sister," Bellatrix breathed, looking back up at Narcissa. She pursed her lips, noting her hesitation but deciding to push through anyway. "Darling, I trust what both of you are feeling is real," she said, lowering her voice further. "And I know you say he's been open about... it all. But I must stress that living with it is quite different than how it may be presented while you're being courted." Bellatrix paused, continuing again after a moment. "I don't mean to bring you down, my love, or imply you cannot handle it," she said. "I just couldn't live with myself if I didn't do my part to warn you."

Wands Up: Lavender Brown |
Quote |
Old 01-28-2019, 06:41 PM   #172
there’s no gravity between us
Played By
Lavender Brown
Portrayed By
Sarah Gadon

5th November 1957
Socialite
Pureblood
Being courted by Lucius Malfoy

bio

Death Eater

Narcissa found it difficult to look away from the pendant — she often sat in front of her mirror, pausing on her reflection to admire it — but she was excited to share in her joy with her sister, and she looked up to meet Bellatrix’s gaze, her expression filled with barely-concealed joy. The reception she found in her sister’s face was not what she expected, however, and her enthusiasm faded, like a light being dimmed.

For her part, Naricssa didn’t interrupt Bellatrix, but it was difficult. Every word felt like a pin taken to her ballooning excitement, which was now dissipating throughout the air, stale and forgotten. “You say you’re trying not to bring me down, but it certainly sounds like that,” Narcissa replied in a wounded tone when Bellatrix was finished. “I thought you’d be happy for me.” She glared petulantly at her lap for a moment, before looking up again, with a spark of realisation. “Anyway, if ‘living with it’ is so terrible, why didn’t you warn us before you…” Narcissa trailed off, too cowed to finish the thought in front of Bellatrix.

Wands Up: Parvati Patil |
Quote |
Old 02-09-2019, 10:00 PM   #173
Played By
Parvati Patil
Portrayed By
Marina Perez

October 28, 1953
Aristrocrat
Pureblood

bio | owl | ooc

Death Eater

The gentle expression on Bellatrix’s face quickly fell from her face at Narcissa’s sulky response to her advice, and it was replaced with a tight-lipped one of impatience. With her sisters, Bellatrix always toed the line between the firmness of being the one responsible for setting guidelines for them to look to and follow, and the softness in offering a space where they could be indulged in warmer, even coddling, interactions -- not rigid and posed like the ones they might find out in the world. The balance in Bellatrix being their elder sister, and in Andromeda and Narcissa being her younger ones. Moments like this reminded her why that balance was so important. Narcissa was an adult and this was an instance where she needed to be addressed like one.

“Do you presume you are living with it as much as Rodolphus and I are?” Bellatrix scoffed, her demeanor changing in an instant and her voice a hiss. “His part in it was as present in our marriage as he and I. There could have been no ignoring it or separating it from us even if I had wanted to. It is lucky his ideals are so in line with mine, as joining alongside him was not even a question.” Bellatrix tilted her head with a withering look, pausing to allow all this to sink in and letting the wordless question hang in the air between them: but would you have? “Now unfortunately, my darling, I lack experience in being married to someone whose beliefs I do not share with equal passion. But if I were intending to be, I would heed what I am telling you now. Your connection to what I do is nowhere near as close now as it is going to be if you decide to marry Lucius. You will not be kept as protected from it as I am able to keep you. You will be witness to the things I do not let you see - and it will be your duty to support him as he will you. It is an honorable cause, sister, to be sure - but not for the faint of heart. If you are as ready to be married as you say, perhaps you should consider whether you are prepared to be a partner, build a home, build a family, with someone who has already made another very serious lifelong commitment.” She stood up a bit straighter, opening her mouth to put a period at the end of her statement. “There’s your warning.”

Quote |
Old 05-16-2019, 06:56 PM   #174
there’s no gravity between us
Played By
Lavender Brown
Portrayed By
Sarah Gadon

5th November 1957
Socialite
Pureblood
Being courted by Lucius Malfoy

bio

Death Eater

Bellatrix's words hit Narcissa as sharp as knives, and she reeled back infinitesimally, as if they were physical barbs she could dodge. She could feel her lip begin to tremble, but she bit the inside of her mouth to cease it until she tasted iron on her tongue. Just a few minutes ago, they had both shared in her joy. How had they so quickly come to this? A dark flare of resentment for the Dark Lord flashed within her then, one that she knew she could never repeat to another person. Were it not for him, there would be no issue.

There was a long beat of silence once Bellatrix finished, and her warning hung heavy in the air. Narcissa didn't look away, but stared imploringly at her sister, as if she might find the answer she was looking for within her eyes. "What do you want from me, Bella? What would you have me do?" she asked eventually, blinking rapidly to try to clear the building tears. She would lose all credibility if they fell. "You tell me not to get involved, that I should know nothing about it. I followed your instructions — I never sought out information you didn't want me to have. Then I find someone I love, but that's not good enough because I'm not ready to support him. How can I prepare for something I'm not allowed to know anything about? I'm trying my hardest, but I don't know how to do right by you — by our family." In the back of her mind, panicked thoughts were fighting for attention. Was she being asked to call it off? It would break her heart, and how would Lucius respond? She trusted him, she thought, but if he were slighted, there was the chance he could retaliate in ways that would affect more than just her. Was she meant to keep stabbing in the dark, until she met someone who fell into impossibly small window of both socially acceptable and "safe"?

Wands Up: Parvati Patil |
Quote |
Old 04-11-2020, 11:51 PM   #175
Played By
Parvati Patil
Portrayed By
Marina Perez

October 28, 1953
Aristrocrat
Pureblood

bio | owl | ooc

Death Eater

Bellatrix knew her sisters better than she knew her own reflection - while others may not have caught it, her trained eyes could clearly see Narcissa's determination to keep steady as she made her points. She felt her jaw unclench in spite of herself at the sight, and the flare of impatient irritation a moment ago began to feather at the edges as she listened. Bellatrix realized she really hadn't given a fair consideration to the difficult intricacies of the position Narcissa was in; she herself was fully in the know - what was it like for someone who was so close, but unauthorized to anything more? Full of stress and uncertainty, to be sure. She had said it already - this wasn't the kind of match she had experience in; but she had already decided for herself that the alternative - a pampered coiffed man with no initiative for change, of which there were a dime a dozen in their community - was unworthy of Narcissa at best, and unsafe for her at worst. Perhaps she was asking too much of her, to consider everything when she couldn't fully know what to consider - and, Bella had to admit, perhaps a part of her had just selfishly wanted to keep her youngest sister far away from this for a bit longer. Bellatrix let out an exhale, the tension leaving her shoulders.

"You make fair points, darling," she said gently, her tone and features softer now. "And you have conducted yourself to the best of your ability given that you have had to be in the dark. I commend you, my love, truly. I hope you can understand that I... I worry you may not like what you see. That this man you love," -- Bellatrix had certainly not missed that bit -- "that aspects of him might frighten you at times." She reached out to take Narcissa's hand again. "But I admit my however unrealistic want for your unwavering happiness clouds the fact that only you can know that you have the fortitude to handle everything else. I have seen you handle it gracefully with me, and it only makes sense that you should feel ready to do it more intimately now. As much as it pains me to admit, I can't shield you from distress -- of any kind. Nor can I expect you to make choices based on an avoidance of ever being distressed. Such a life does not exist, no matter how I wish for you that it did. Though it seems you have at least found something that has made you happy enough to try, and that is all I could have asked for." She smiled a bit ruefully, an expression she'd never let anyone else see. "Can you forgive your eldest sister for not quite having broken the instinct to guard you against monsters under the bed?"

Wands Up: Lavender Brown |
Quote |