Toujours Pur (dot) Net
Edit Character The Cast The Biographies The Prologue The Guide New Posts OOC Calendar

Old 03-10-2019, 04:07 PM   #11
born in a thunderstorm
Played By
Lavender Brown
Portrayed By
Alex Sandor

December 4th
Muggleborn
Ravenclaw, Year 7
Sworn off men

bio | notes | ooc

Head Girl

Tallie grimaced, not quite convinced by the concept of trying different jobs until something sticks. All the careers talks at school were so focused on finding your “true calling” that it was difficult to throw out that train of thinking. However, she could answer the question of what she didn't want to do.

"Not anything at the Ministry — no offence," Tallie added quickly with a grin, doubtful that Wes would take any slight; he knew why she would have gone off the idea, anyway. "I got this, but it's mostly rubbish, to be honest." As she spoke Tallie began digging into her bag, piling items onto the table between them. First came a pack of quills, followed by a scarf and a gossip magazine, until finally she pulled out a glossy book titled 10,001 Jobs for the Modern Magic-User. "But hey, just in case magizoology thing doesn't work out, know that there will always be job available as an Acid Pop Tester."

Wands Up: Parvati Patil |
Quote |
Old 03-14-2019, 10:29 PM   #12
can't you see how my heart yearns to misbehave?
Played By
vanouria
Portrayed By
Dev Patel

November 28, 18
Half-Blood
Gryffindor, Alumnus
Dating Abbey Diaz

bio | notes | ooc

Dept of Magical Creatures Intern

Wes widened his eyes in exaggerated shock, mouthing 'you?' as if he couldn't believe Tallie, who had the most reason to want to avoid it, wouldn't want to work at the Ministry. He laughed then, waving a hand with an easy smile to show he hadn't taken any offense at this; after all, he didn't want to work there either. His eyes drifted to the surface of the table and he raised his eyebrows in amusement at all the stuff piling out of her bag - a sight that reminded him so much of their time at school that he half expected Pince to walk by with a severe look telling them to be quiet.

"Nice. In my old age, maybe I should consider keeping back up plans," Wes said, sliding the magazine closer and flipping it open on top of the book he already had open in front of him. His jaw dropped at the page he'd turned to, and he held the magazine up to show it, the expression on his face a flagrant display of how entertained he was. "A security troll trainer? Tallie. This is it. Bossing trolls around is the most natural progression after being Head Girl, don't you think?"

Wands Up: Lavender Brown |
Quote |
Old 05-16-2019, 06:10 PM   #13
born in a thunderstorm
Played By
Lavender Brown
Portrayed By
Alex Sandor

December 4th
Muggleborn
Ravenclaw, Year 7
Sworn off men

bio | notes | ooc

Head Girl

"Yeah, what are you now, like, eighty-six? I'm surprised you made it here without your walker," Tallie noted, and she gave him a look-over as if impressed to see him sitting there in front of her at all. She had to say, he did look a lot older — not pensioner-level old, of course, but he was a far sight from the seventh-year who sat across from her in Hogwarts library. She wondered if he would have looked as different to her if they had seen each other more than once in a blue moon, and the change had happened gradually.

"Ugh, no. Next!" Tallie replied immediately in response to Wes's job suggestion, wrinkling her nose in disgust. "Good luck finding anything good in there, though, it's all ridiculous things no one's going to want to do. They might as well have just written, 'Sorry, the job market sucks right now. Try again in a few years!' Maybe I'll just move to the middle of nowhere and live off the land." Her last words were accompanied by a knowing grin — there was no way she would be capable of (or enjoy) taking up a rural, self-sufficient lifestyle.

Wands Up: Parvati Patil |
Quote |
Old 04-12-2020, 12:15 AM   #14
can't you see how my heart yearns to misbehave?
Played By
vanouria
Portrayed By
Dev Patel

November 28, 18
Half-Blood
Gryffindor, Alumnus
Dating Abbey Diaz

bio | notes | ooc

Dept of Magical Creatures Intern

"Has anyone ever told you to respect your elders?" Wes demanded with an exaggeratedly unamused expression on his face - one that proudly admitted that he wrote the book on not respecting elders and therefore had no place to talk, but still would. He sniffed, looking back down at the magazine in an uppity way, though the corners of his mouth were threatening to turn upwards. "And the walker has caused some back problems so my Healer said to lay off it for shorter distances, thank you."

He laughed as quietly as he could at Tallie's vehement displeasure at being a security troll trainer. "But can you do it at one point in your life though?" he pleaded. "I'd pay to see it. Come on, think of the stories you'd have." Still chuckling at the image (he couldn't decide what was funnier: the idea of trolls in security uniforms or the idea of Tallie also being in a matching uniform with them), he flipped the page of the magazine, coming now to a quiz. "'What Is Your Minor House?'" he read aloud, looking up at Tallie with a questioning grin.

Wands Up: Lavender Brown |
Quote |