Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/toujours/public_html/showthread.php on line 637

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/toujours/public_html/showthread.php on line 1032

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/toujours/public_html/showthread.php on line 1037

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/toujours/public_html/showthread.php on line 1508

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/toujours/public_html/showthread.php on line 1513
Character Biographies - Toujours Pur (dot) Net
Toujours Pur (dot) Net
Edit Character · The Cast · The Biographies · The Prologue · The Guide · New Posts · OOC · Calendar

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2010, 07:32 PM   #1
everybody wants to be a cat
Played By
Mrs. Norris

Pureblood
Gryffindor, Year 6
Available

Default Character Biographies

A -M

N - Z

Old 03-09-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
Played By
Mrs. Norris

Pureblood
Gryffindor, Year 6
Available

Default VIII: Adoptable Bios

july 31, 1980
alumnus
Gryffindor
Harry Potter
biography

Whenever I see that effing biography Rita Skeeter wrote about me in bookstores, I put another book in front if it so no one will see it. The photo of me on the cover is one that someone took a year or so ago – I hate seeing it combined with whatever rubbish Rita wrote about me, but I’m proud that my photographic self has the sense to hide out of sight. I skimmed through it one day, and found six errors of fact on the first page; surprisingly far below my expectations. She started with saying that the Dursleys were a sympathetic surrogate family. My Aunt Marge’s arse they were.

Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia let me know early on that my parents died when I was a baby, but they never told me how. I know what happened to them now, obviously, no thanks to Rita’s book. It used to piss me off that I had to grow up without something that most kids take for granted. My Aunt and Uncle were never terribly interested in how I was doing in school (or life, for that matter), only Dudley. I couldn't tell them anything if they asked, anyway. They wouldn't have been too happy if I said that their precious Dinky Diddydums stuck my head in the toilet at half past 2 PM.

Everything bad didn't go away the second Hagrid told me I was a wizard; it was more like he offered me the scenic route. Compared to Privet Drive, Hogwarts was paradise, though not without a few catches. I'd rather spoonfeed Lockhart than go back to the Dursleys during the summer, but I don't have to worry about them anymore. I’ve lost a lot of people the years, but the Dursleys are a few that I’m not sorry to be rid of. They never thought magic was right, which meant I wasn’t right, and that going to Hogwarts would be the biggest mistake I could ever make. I almost never do what I’m supposed to do, but not because I’m a rebel or anything. Things just pop up and I can’t avoid them. When I should have been at Quidditch practice, I was playing a flute for a three-headed dog. When I wanted to watch the Triwizard Tournament, I was participating in it. When everyone else was toeing the line set by Umbridge, I formed (well, it was Hermione, really) Dumbledore’s Army right under her nose. And when I should have been finishing up my last year at Hogwarts, I broke into Gringotts. One thing I don’t think I shouldn’t have done: walking into the Forbidden Forest, towards Voldemort. I’ve done a lot of impulsive things in the name of whatever, but I’ve never regretted that.

I don't waste a lot of time thinking about what my life would have been like if my parents were alive or if I had friends in grammar school, or even if I’d lived with Sirius, because the fact is that life is just fine the way it is now. Not perfect, but fine. Great, even, despite everything. There were just things that I needed to do, and there was no question as to why I needed to do them. I just did. That’s all. Looking back, I don't think I could have done anything at all if I didn't have people behind me to help. Hermione's aces for warning me not to do something stupid, and Ron is great at encouraging me to do something stupid. And then I usually do something stupid. So it all works out, as long as they're there beside me when the consequences roll around.

personality

Harry was nearly sorted into Slytherin, which says a lot about him right there. The fact that he was sorted into Gryffindor instead says even more. He asked the Sorting Hat not to put him in Slytherin, which was the first of many times he has taken control of his own life; he hates when other people try to make decisions for him. No one could blame someone so young about judging a house by word of mouth, and Harry would probably do the same thing now that he’s 18. He has always judged people by first impressions and ran with it, because he believes he is right until proven otherwise. His instincts have kept him alive so far, so why doubt them?

An extremely impulsive person, he does exactly what he thinks he needs to do the moment he needs to do it. It’s not out of bravery or courage, but out of necessity. Once he decides on something, he sticks with it, tooth and nail. Harry is a bit like a horse with blinders, in that he doesn’t see alternative routes, only the path in front of him. He is led by his emotions, both positive and negative, and acts on them without thinking. He is also bound by his ties to his friends. Since he grew up with any kind of real support system, he is reluctant to let go of them without a fight. Which he has done. Over and over again. He willingly sticks his neck out to save his loved ones because he often has no say in the matter. So many people have been taken away from him -- his parents, Sirius, Dumbledore, Lupin, Fred, Snape, even Hedwig -- that he feels that he has to save anyone he can, and when he fails, he lets his temper get the best of him and exacts retribution on those responsible. There is always someone to blame. He hates when people shield him from the truth to protect him, because he feels like that’s his job. In turn, he trusts and respects those who feel he can handle responsibility.

Sometimes he feels (somehow) overlooked by his peers in favor of his best friends, but he doesn’t hold grudges against them, because he doesn’t want the attention. While he does well in his classes, he is by no means exceptionally intelligent. It often takes him a while to work his way to an 'aha' moment -- he leaves that to Hermione. He has a sarcastic sense of humor, and loves a good prank, but Ron is the real joker of the trio. And as cheeky with authority and strong-willed he can be, Ginny is as well, only multiplied. Despite everything he’s done (and, admittedly, he’s done quite a bit), he’s still unsure of how to act around girls and remains humble around everyone else, giving credit where credit is due. He wants it known that he got by in battle on mostly his nerves and dumb luck, not to mention immeasurable help from his friends.

after the war

After Voldemort fell, Harry let the muscles in his shoulders relax. It was finally over. The events of the past year were not easy to forget, and he tried the best he could to fit the memories in to his everyday life. So many people were gone, and it was difficult to remember that he would never see them again. Of course, the many funerals after the war were an obvious reminder.

After a short stint in St. Mungo’s, he spent a lot of time at the Burrow with the Weasleys -- the family served as a welcome constant after everything that happened at Hogwarts. Just as he was ready to date Ginny without having to worry about her safety, they decided to take a break from each other to find themselves. It hurt, but he knew it was probably for the best. After their breakup, he retreated into a familiar routine consisting of hanging out with Ron, explaining muggle objects to Mr. Weasley, and leaving nose impressions on the windows of Quality Quidditch Supplies. With his friends in tow, he returns for an 8th year at Hogwarts more or less the same person, thankful that he finally has the chance to be just Harry, and not Harry Potter, the Boy Who Lived.
olivia

Wands Up: James Potter |
Old 03-09-2010, 08:08 PM   #3
Played By
Mrs. Norris

Pureblood
Gryffindor, Year 6
Available

Default Ron Weasley

march 1, 1980
alumnus
Gryffindor
Ron Weasley
biography

I come from a big family—you all know that. I’m the youngest son and the sixth out of seven children. We played Quidditch, chess, and were overall competitive. I grew up wanting to somehow outshine all of them—my brothers, that is. You get a bit overshadowed when you have six other siblings who do all kinds of amazing things, like be Quidditch Captain, or Head Boy, or start your own business making all kinds of wonderful joke things. I guess becoming Harry Potter’s best friend kind of helped me outshine them in some way, you know?

When I met Harry on the Hogwarts Express, it was great. When he told Draco Malfoy off for saying my family was the wrong kind of people to hang around, it was even better. We got sorted, and I knew I’d be in Gryffindor—my whole family is—and I was glad Harry and I were in the same house. From then on, I kind of went along with everything Harry did—he’s my best friend. Then we saved Hermione from the troll, and well… except for a few ups and downs throughout the years, the three of us have been nearly inseparable.

Things got hard when all we had to talk about was the war and You-Know-Who coming back. That, and I was pretty horrible at Quidditch for a while until I actually got a bit of confidence on the field. Then Dumbledore died and made things pretty difficult, too. We didn’t have much to go off for the Horcrux hunt, but we tried to make do with what we had.

When I was away—no, when I left Harry and Hermione in the forest… I’ve never been more miserable in my life. Going back and helping destroy the Horcruxes and beating You-Know-Who—well, that was all really great. Except for Fred. Couldn’t even celebrate the war being over, because I didn’t really care to an extent. It’s still really hard to talk about—I don’t know how—I don’t think my family will ever be the same again. It was hard working at the joke shop with George this summer; neither of us really felt like laughing all that much, but we decided it was necessary for the Wizarding World to have a bit more laughs, and we knew Fred would’ve wanted that.

It was really great having Harry around for a lot of the summer, too. He really helped us out a lot, truth be told. But Hermione... was gone to Australia, and she never responded to my letters I sent—after we kissed during the Battle, I thought everything would be fine, but I guess not. It would’ve been nice to have her around this summer.

I can’t really believe that we’re going back to Hogwarts, but it’s happening. I’m not sure how I feel about it all that much.

personality

Ron’s got a very loud personality. He fits the stereotype of a redhead to a T—easy to anger and very volatile. He can be very abrasive when he is angry, and usually says a lot of things he does not mean in the heat of the moment. He is also very stubborn, so he will know he is wrong, but he refuses to own up to it for a while, which drags situations out—like when he left Harry and Hermione in the forest, or when he wouldn’t speak to Harry because of the Triwizard Tournament’s happenings.

Despite all this, Ron is a steadfast and loyal friend. His sense of humor lightens situations, and he is a great friend to have at all times. He is a Gryffindor through and through, and although sometimes he may not seem like the most courageous, he always pulls through to make the best of it—for instance, the situation with the necklace Horcrux. His gift with analysis and strategy are two things that make his role in the “Golden Trio” one that they cannot do without. He is a procrastinator to the max, though, and he despises schoolwork most of the time.

After the war, he has become a bit more introspective, however, and more serious when it comes to... well, serious situations. He is also becoming a bit stronger when it comes to taking things personally. The loss of his brother hit him hard. This does not mean, however, that he will have his guard up at all times—he still likes to have fun.

after the war

Much of the beginning of the summer included a lot of funerals—Fred, Colin Creevey, Remus, Tonks… the list goes on and on. The reporters were insistent to have interviews with Harry, Hermione, and him, but as Hermione went off to Australia, he was left dealing with questions, too. He learned—very quickly—to stop liking the attention, especially when reporters would ask about his brother, and stopped doing interviews altogether.

He picked up work at the joke shop with George as a way to pass the time. He tried to keep himself busy because whenever he wasn’t busy, he found himself becoming down, and he disliked those moods because he always ended up yelling at someone. He wrote to Hermione a few times, but after she did not respond to two letters, he stopped writing. He’s not quite sure how he will act whenever he sees her—if she comes back to Hogwarts.
britt

Old 03-09-2010, 08:09 PM   #4
Played By
Mrs. Norris

Pureblood
Gryffindor, Year 6
Available

Default Hermione Granger

september 19, 1979
alumnus
Gryffindor
Hermione Granger
biography

I suppose it's sort of funny if you step back and consider where I came from and where I've ended up. My parents are muggles and like any other muggleborn, I had sort of funny incidents that I couldn't explain. I couldn't hide any of it well, either, and somehow, the other students knew it was me. No one likes The Odd One, so since I had no one to talk to on the playground, I started reading a lot of books. Some of the books were serious, some were silly, but none of them explained why I could do things other children couldn't. Finally, my explaination came with a letter and a visit from a Hogwarts professor, and though I felt quite a bit relieved that I wasn't going mad, it still felt funny that I could be a witch. My parents saw an opportunity for me to get a whole new education and a whole new chance at friendships and immediately were supportive, which I greatly appreciate. I really love my parents. I really do.

Of course I got to Hogwarts and I was still strange. Please believe me: I am very, very proud to be a muggleborn, but I thought everyone would be just like me and it turned out that once again, I was a minority. I know I was bossy and loud and a know-it-all, but I just wanted everyone to know that I was their equal: I was just as good and knew just as much as them. I was the same.

You know what happened the next seven years. I could add my own interpretation of it or explain it all from my point of view, but all you really need to know is that I did the best I could. Ron, too. I know he did the best he could. That's all that matters, really, isn't it?

It's been hard because I feel so relieved, so thankful it's over, and there's this overwhelming joy that I feel when I take the time to think about how Lord Voldemort is gone, but with it comes this guilt that I can't get rid of. I miss Fred. I miss Professor Lupin. I miss everyone so much. I'll never get that sight of the bodies in the Great Hall out of my head. I sometimes see it when I fall asleep. I know they would want us to celebrate but it's hard. That's why I left for Australia and stayed for so long, and that's why I didn't write to anyone back in England because I had to just forget. Maybe it's selfish, but I really needed to be away from all those reminders. Please don't get me wrong, I missed them terribly. I missed Ginny and Harry and Ron. I even thought about Luna and Neville and Parvati. I wondered how they were doing and what they were up to and how they were coping. Maybe everyone had a much easier time moving on than I did.

But since I was twelve, I've been doing this. Since I was fifteen, I've thought about war and my role in that war. That's not normal, is it? So shouldn't I be allowed to take time for myself? That's what I've done and now I'm back and ready to get started with school again. And hopefully nothing will distract us from our studies this time.

personality

To some, Hermione Granger should have been a Ravenclaw. Her buckledown attitude and commitment to education has never faded, even as she battled You-Know-Who along side her best friends. Hermione works hard constantly, always wanting to find answers and solve problems, whether they be hers or someone else's. But the Sorting Hat saw through it from Day One. Recognizing that her studies were a crutch, a shield, the Sorting Hat looked deeper and discovered that Hermione is a true Gryffindor. Her unyielding dedication to loyalty and justice manifests itself in doses of strength and bravery that enables her to stand by her friends and do what it takes to protect those she loves.

However, Hermione's need for justice creates a terrible self-righteous attitude that few can stand. Her heart is always in the right place, but Hermione sometimes finds a way to the right thing the wrong way. Take S.P.E.W. for instance: while her intentions were excellent, she lacked the understanding that just because she wants house-elves free, does not mean THEY want to be free. Hermione's tendency to push her own morals and values on other can get bothersome quickly, and it takes a true friend to stick with her through it.

Hermione also has her own demons to battle. She lacks confidence and doesn't always handle social situations properly. As intelligent as she is, Hermione does sometimes pick the less mature route when it comes to handling relationships. Fighting evil hasn't left much time for Hermione to work on herself. Now that things have settled a bit in the Wizard World, Hermione can hopefully become a more confident person in social contexts. It's time for Hermione to become the person she always wanted to be.

after the war

After funerals and tears, Hermione set off to Australia to find her parents. To her surprise, she loved Australia and even after finding and restoring her parents' memories, she chose to stay for the rest of the summer. She found it was healing to be a Muggle in a different country. She met new people, participated in new things, and reconnected with her parents. She needed to discover who she was outside of the war; who she was without Ron and Harry. During this time of healing, Hermione unwound and relaxed. She never wrote to anyone back in England, even Harry or Ron. She took time to remember what it was like to not look over her shoulder all the time. It took weeks, even months, to feel comfortable enough to relax and live without a wand, but she did it. Now, she's returning to Hogwarts, will speak to Harry, Ron, and Ginny for the first time in months, and Hermione is both terrified and excited.
shar

Old 03-09-2010, 08:25 PM   #5
Played By
Mrs. Norris

Pureblood
Gryffindor, Year 6
Available

Default Ginny Weasley

august 11, 1981
9th Year
Gryffindor
Ginny Weasley
biography

I don't think I need to start by declaring I am a Weasley since anyone could guess that by taking one look at me. I will say that I am the youngest and only girl in a long line of brothers, which has its advantages and disadvantages. After being surrounded by them my whole life I can easily tell when a guy is being a complete prat. At the same time it would be nice to have another girl around. That's what Hermione is for though, outside of my family she's the one I'm closest too. She was the one who told me to not be so nervous around Harry and try to date other people. I wish I had taken that advice years earlier, though, then maybe we could have had more time together before he had to go hunting for Horcruxes. I don't mean to sound bitter or anything because well, we wouldn't be here if he Harry hadn't done what he did; it's one of the things I admire most about him.

I don't think we would be heading back to Hogwarts this year if Harry, Ron and Hermione hadn't set off on their quest last year which finally ended in the death of Voldemort. It's strange to think that this is the first year I won't have to worry about the three of them going off and getting themselves killed. It's relieving, actually, but at the same time I wonder how we're all going to adjust to this. It's the first year in our lives where we don't have to worry about Voldemort's next move. It's the first time I can rest easy knowing that he won't be coming back. Since my first year I had worried that he would some how find his way back into my mind and that terrified me. That was a turning point for me. Before that year I had no direct connection to the Dark Lord until that stupid diary fell into my hands. When everything was over I felt foolish and a little embarrassed for falling for that thing. I really did learn from what happened, though, and I think I'm a stronger person now because of it.

I'm anxious and excited to see everyone again but I just don't know how we're going to adjust to this, I guess new chance, we've all been given. I spent my last year at school defying teachers (albeit they were Death Eaters) and trying to rally students together with the help of Luna and Neville. I'm ready to have a normal school year, I just don't know how easy it'll be.

personality

Independent, feisty and strong willed sums up the youngest of the Weasley clan. Growing up in a family full of brothers you have to be able to speak your mind. However, Ginny didn't completely come out of her shell until her third or fourth year at Hogwarts. Before that she was quiet and reserved, mostly because of her crush on Harry. After taking Hermione's advice to try dating other people she finally came into her own. Now she's not afraid to stand up for what she believes in and won't back down from a fight, especially when it comes to defending her friends and family. This also means Ginny has a nasty temper and when she's worked up to a certain point she can be pretty mean. Along with her temper she has a strong stubbornness about her and when she has her mind made up about something, there's no backing down. Her stubbornness has led her into fights with her brothers and into situations that could get her killed.

Ginny has a sense of humor and isn't afraid to make a joke to cheer a friend up. She's also quick on the draw and can come up with a lie when it's needed, which isn't much of a surprise having brothers like Fred and George. She can easily make friends and doesn't have a problem with branching out to the other houses. When it comes to boys - besides Harry - Ginny knows how to play it cool. She knows how to keep her independence and once she sees that threaten she knows it's time to move on.

after the war

As soon as the battle ended Ginny began mourning everyone they lost including Lupin, Tonks and most importantly her older brother Fred. Being one of the brothers she looked up to the most, Fred's death hit Ginny the hardest and it took her a long while before she was finally at terms with it. There are still days, though, where she'll expect him to walk through the door with George holding their latest invention.

Ginny spent her entire summer at the Burrow surrounded by her family whom she felt needed her the most. Some days she would go into Diagon Alley to help George and Ron in the shop but most days she stayed at home comforting their Mother. As much as Ginny cares for Harry, she didn't feel comfortable picking up from where they left off. She thought it would be best if they try to figure out who they are now that Voldemort is gone and the war is over. Hopefully another year at school will help her figure that out.
keri

Old 03-09-2010, 08:32 PM   #6
Played By
Mrs. Norris

Pureblood
Gryffindor, Year 6
Available

Default Scarlett LeBlanc

June 21st, 1981
Alumnus
Slytherin
Scarlett LeBlanc
biography

Normally I wouldn't divulge this much about myself but if I have to: I come from a small line of French purebloods. Our ancestry doesn't go back for ages as some of the other families at school but our name is becoming more and more prominent. I was born in France and raised by my parents Joseph and Marie LeBlanc. My father worked for the Ministry's Department of International Magical Cooperation while my mother would spend her days spending his money. It was expected that I would attend Beauxbatons until my father's work required us to move to London so he could work closely with the Ministry. At the age of five I was unhappy to leave our home in France. Even though we return home every summer I still can't help but resent England and the Ministry for making us move.

In London my father continued to work on the Magical Cooperation board which caused him to travel a lot for business. Which, in turn, caused my mother to go out and spend his money more. Luckily there's enough for her to spend. My parents spoiled me as a child and still spoil me to this day giving me whatever I ask for. At the same time, though, I can never escape their criticism as they are always reminding me of the high expectations they have. I achieve the good grades they ask of me but that doesn't mean I have to be the perfect little girl they want.

I learned how to get my way from a very young age - I can thank my parents for that. I choose not to have many friends because I believe it actually is better to be feared than loved. I never trust a friend completely and if they betray me they'll easily become my enemy instead. Boys comes and go as I please and when I want them to.

personality

Don't let her sweet and angelic appearance fool you because Scarlett is anything but innocent. Instead, she's the exact opposite. She's deceiving, manipulative and can be downright mean. There is no doubting that she's a Slytherin as she uses any way she can to get what she wants. Her looks are one of Scarlett's greatest weapons and she can effortlessly trick teachers and adults into thinking shes a sweet girl. She has a long list of past friends and relationships from her time and school and summers in France. Boys come and go for her, she never stays with one for long and often is the one to break it off.

It doesn't matter if you're muggle-born, pureblood, muggle or squib, if you overstep your ways with Scarlett she can easily make life very difficult. She chooses not to discriminate and anyone is at the mercy of her wrath. The one thing she hates the most are half-breeds, especially werewolves. She's had a fear of werewolves since she was a child and thinks they're a disgusting kind.

Scarlett has a very hard exterior but she uses her brassiness to cover up her insecurities which mostly stem from her parents. While her parents don't seem to have any problems in their marriage, Scarlett doesn't understand why they're together. On top of that they can be very critical of her and pressure her to be the best she can be. Because of their constant demands Scarlett stopped trying to please other people and began to do whatever she liked without thinking of or caring about the consequences on herself or others.

after the war

The LeBlancs might be pureblood but they were not followers of Voldemort. The moment they had a chance to take Scarlett out of Hogwarts they did. Her and her family left England as soon as they could and stayed in France until the war was over. They heard news about the Battle at Hogwarts and were pleased to hear that Voldemort had finally been defeated. Scarlett didn't lose anyone particularly close during the war so she didn't have to spend her summer crying at funerals. Instead she had another pleasant summer in France meeting new boys and breaking more hearts. When she heard that Hogwarts would be adding an eighth year she was displeased since she was looking forward to being in the eldest year. She won't let this bother her for long though and she'll quickly fall into her usual ways.
keri

Old 03-10-2010, 02:33 PM   #7
Played By
Mrs. Norris

Pureblood
Gryffindor, Year 6
Available

Default Christian Morgan

October 5, 1980
Alumnus
Slytherin
Christian Morgan
biography

If you’re a student at Hogwarts, chances are I’ve screwed you over at least once or twice. Don’t look at me like that; it was amusing. And it’s what I do. Anyway, sit down, make yourself comfortable, have a drink. I’m about to tell you about the most fascinating person you will ever meet.

I was born to Tobias Morgan and Carmen Mannaro, two Purebloods who got married young. My father married my mother because she comes from old money – don’t get me wrong, he’s one of the richest bastards in town even without her half. He inherited the Morgan family high-end hotel chain, Noctiluca Hotels and makes a fair few Galleons off of it, especially since he’s a smart businessman. Regardless, you can never have too much money, can you? That’s why I had a pretty charmed life growing up, spoiled left and right, even though I’m not really close to either of my parents and they’ve never really expressed desires to get to know me – not that I minded because I liked being left alone. I imagine my dad might have actually cared about my mum at some point but ever since I was old enough to figure out that the young, pretty women wandering in and out of our home at all hours of the night were more than just business clients, it’s pretty obvious his affections have waned. My mum turned a blind eye to this though; why bring light to something that would complicate a financially stable marriage and a perfectly good reputation?

However, damaging reputations is something I personally enjoy doing. Nothing gives me more satisfaction than setting a goal in the form of a status and demolishing it – well, I probably get a good amount of satisfaction from the girls I encounter along the way. It’s fun. And I know how to do it. The way I see it, we all have to use what we’ve got. My father inherited his father’s hotels and his mother’s business savvy. I inherited my mother’s good looks and my father’s shamelessness. And I put them both to good use while adding a few ingredients of my own.

I was sorted into Slytherin my first year and for good reason – I’ll be the first to admit I’m a conniving, calculative son of a bitch. I don’t believe in being rash, not when you can sit and weigh your options and figure out how a situation will benefit you the best. What other purpose is there in life besides success? And I make sure to find success in everything I do. So keep your women and your wallet locked up ‘cause chances are I’ll be able to conquer both.

Anyway that’s all. This is the most upfront I’ll ever be so I hope you savored it. Also, before you think of me as someone who needs to be saved, you can stop right there. I’m not hiding some cowering, scared, lost boy underneath a façade. This is me, through and through, take it or leave it.

Well… seeing as I do both the taking and the leaving, I guess you’ll just have to watch. Don’t worry, you’ll enjoy the view.

personality

Heartbreaker. Womanizer. Ladykiller. Playboy. Casanova. Christian’s heard it all. What’s more? It’s all true. Love ‘em and leave ‘em has always been his attitude; he has never had a long term relationship and does not care to experience one. He doesn’t try to hide his manipulative ways behind wide innocent eyes and an attractive disposition. More often than not, his reputation precedes him and the many girls he sets as his conquests are well aware that he is a wolf in sheep’s clothing; however, this does not stop them from succumbing to him. And Christian is used to getting what he wants.

From a young age Christian has possessed a dangerous charm and wit, encompassed in a devilishly handsome smile that he knows exactly how to use. His smooth talking and ability to flirt and flatter is difficult to resist for even the most conservative; the guys want to be him and the girls want to be with him. His being accustomed to getting his way has earned him a self-entitled, confident and arrogant attitude and he very much does believe in his own superiority.

Though you would think you’d be able to see him coming from a mile away and know his intentions, his style for trouble making is extremely subtle; before you realize he’s robbed you of your dignity and defenses, he’s long gone. An extreme sociopath, he enjoys playing games and letting them unravel for his entertainment as he watches, rarely feeling any guilt or remorse for his actions. One of his favorite things to do is play with his food before he eats it.

That is not to say he doesn’t feel anything at all. At his worst, Christian can be extremely jealous and vengeful, and he is not to be crossed; though you’d be hard pressed to catch him in a physical fight, he knows how to complicate things in other ways and will certainly do so if you get in his way. He has friends that he keeps around, but not for the purpose of companionship so much as to be a social climber, and widen his connections so that he may have new conquests. This is also the reason he plays Quidditch; he would never be part of a team unless it benefited him somehow, as he works much better when he is alone.

As admired as he is, he is not easy to read. To be sure, he is every bit the ass he presents himself to be; however (and he’d never admit this) his calculating habits are his way of repelling people from him because he, deep down, does not really like himself. He watched his father take advantage of others his entire life, and adopted the tendency himself – something that, if he allowed himself to think about it, he would not forgive himself for. The loneliness he feels from his self-imposed emotional solitude and the anger he feels towards his father is well hidden under vast layers of witty retorts, seductive moves and obnoxious nicknames he comes up with for everyone he encounters.

after the war

Christian, being a sixth year during the final battle, would not have been allowed to fight so he was ushered out of the castle before the battle broke out. However, even if he had been of age, he would have had no interest in staying to fight.

Christian’s family didn’t really believe or care for Voldemort’s cause, but as his followers were the ones in power, the Morgans went along with it so that they could stay safe. They were not actively supporting Voldemort, but did not defy him either. For this reason, their reputation did not suffer as badly as the Malfoys and other families, and the Noctiluca Hotels were and are still profitable.

Since he had no worries about saving face for his family, or the hotels, Christian spent the summer vacationing around Europe, living the life and having countless flings. He is pleased to be in his final year at Hogwarts though he will certainly miss wreaking psychological havoc on his classmates. Therefore, he’s planning on making this year count.
shar

Old 03-27-2010, 11:55 AM   #8
Played By
Mrs. Norris

Pureblood
Gryffindor, Year 6
Available

Default Sillaina Arcani

May 10, 1961
Professor
Defense Against the Dark Arts
Sillaina Arcani
biography

Sometimes it’s strange to me that I should be a part of the place where a great war ended—a war I only came to know personally toward its end. However, as with so many in the Wizarding community, I was deeply affected by the war and it paved the way to a new life I did not expect to lead. But let me start with the beginning: I was born and spent most of my life in Bolivia, in South America. Although I technically lived in the modern world, I may as well have been living in the times of the ancient witches and wizards of the Americas. The group of people who raised me are called the Aymara, descendants of the Icans, and my specific community was a secluded group that practiced many of the old magical ways of our ancestors. I am myself considered Aymara through blood, but distantly; my community sees me as family, however I was still tattooed with marks on the side of my back that literally translate into, “This one is not among us”. I’ve never known who my parents were, but I was told they did not come from South America but that their family did. I suppose at some point they must have returned to their ancestors’ homeland before they had me. As to what happened to them after I was born, I don’t know—my community said they were gone, and that’s all. I never really concerned myself with the matter for most of my life.

I never had a specific set of parents in my life as my community raised me as a whole. I was educated in matters of magic and our own ideas of the universe like all other Aymara children, but as I grew older I found myself being separated out—not out of rejection or intolerance, but for reasons that were never clearly explained to me, I was trained and educated in different ways than the other children. Sometimes I thought it was because I was born in May—which is extremely rare for Aymara people, as May is the Incan month of death or harvest. I was given a deeper knowledge into the Great Old Arts, known to the rest of the magical community as the Dark Arts. I was taught never to use them for my own gain, but I was trained to use them when necessary—and that which was considered as ‘necessary’ was to be determined by my own judgment once I had been rigorously trained. My community’s philosophy behind the ideas of ‘necessity’ are complex, but simply put we don’t believe in good or evil, but in what is necessary and unnecessary (or useful and useless)—and what is unnecessary must be removed from the world through necessary actions. I suppose, maybe because I was in some ways always an outsider, I was seen as my community’s sacrifice to do some relatively unpleasant deeds for a greater good.

These deeds were committed throughout the assignments I was given, and this is what led me out of Bolivia and into England during the Second War. It would seem that despite my people’s reclusiveness, they were well aware of world events and constantly updated their information. But I myself had never even heard of Lord Voldemort until I was 32, when I first arrived in England. Through some seemingly random assignments I had been given by the Aymara, I quickly learned about the current events and saw first hand what the Death Eaters were trying to do. It was at this point that I had to determine on my own what was necessary and what was not, what had to be removed—I concluded the Death Eaters were useless in the end. I don’t think I ever contributed heavily in the war, I never worked in the Order of the Phoenix or met any famous members of the resistance before I became a Professor at Hogwarts. But I did what I could, where I could, and I hope it was enough for some.

personality

As with many personalities, Sill’s stems deeply from her culture and the values of her community. However, because Sill was born to those outside of the community she was raised by, there has always been a subtle split within her between two worlds—the world her direct family had ran to at some point, and the world her parents had returned to. Because of this, anyone with enough awareness could easily point out that Sillaina is distant toward people and often takes an observant position. She is, however, very passionate as well, and so should not be confused as someone who is cold and mechanical. Sill has a fire within her that she finds difficult to control at times, although she mostly maintains a calming demeanor. She believes in her community’s, the Aymara, beliefs—that the ancient paves a path to the new, all things are connected, and she as a sentient being has a personal responsibility to be ‘useful’ so as to awaken to ‘true existence’ (a sort of enlightenment that all her people strive for) through finding her ‘conduit to the infinite’. These beliefs go on into much more complex details, causing Sill’s actions and responses to be complex as well, and they are very difficult to understand for those who do not know the details of the society from which she comes. She will often do things that may seem counterproductive or even harmful and morally ambiguous, but she is fiercely protective of the innocent--particularly children--and appears to have a greater cause in mind that will benefit from her actions.

Sill was gifted intellectually since she was a child, possessing an insatiable curiosity and determination to understand her world in all aspects. This helped shape her into a gifted witch as well—she learned slowly, but when she was ready to produce her final attempt of a spell or a potion or a response to some topic, and so forth, her results were nearly always perfect, as though she had had many years of experience in the subject. But these aspects too have caused Sill to feel—or perhaps put—an invisible wall between herself and others. In addition, she was raised among a very secluded people who successfully hid themselves from even most of the Wizarding world. Living now in an entirely different society, Sill is excited to experience a new way of life and a vastly different culture, but she is finding it hard to adapt or merge with her new society; she holds her original customs in high regard and still uses them to identify herself as a person, as a purpose, while she struggles to find her own independent voice, as she has struggled to all her life.

after the war

When the war ended, I thought I would be sent home, but I heard nothing from my community. For some months I just waited… for something, anything. The first few years out of my homeland for the first time were filled with so much danger, action and often sorrow. But I was always doing something, and I felt like I finally understood my purpose, that maybe this was why I was trained differently, taught differently, separately—to know how to deal with this war. To survive and be useful. But nothing happened. Life went on, and people were trying to heal, and I found that I was still on the outside of this society, with few close friends and no real loved ones I could move on with. I suppose I could have still left, but something held me back—maybe just my curiosity in the rest of the world. I found that a teaching position for Defense Against the Dark Arts was available at Hogwarts, and with my personal experience in the Dark Arts I decided to take the opportunity to do something good with my knowledge. In addition, I learned that my parents had both attended Hogwarts before they left for Bolivia five years after they had completed their 7th year. Many events have pulled me into my current life and my current position at Hogwarts, and I intend to play my path out.
eden

Old 04-11-2010, 08:32 PM   #9
Played By
Mrs. Norris

Pureblood
Gryffindor, Year 6
Available

Default Zacharias Smith

January 28, 1979
9th Year
Hufflepuff
Zacharias Smith
biography

Coming from the long line of pure-bloods in my family, I wouldn't expect you to understand the way things worked in the Smiths household. From the very moment my dear mother passed, my father ran a tight ship. I can obviously assume that he transformed into a demanding drill sergeant because of her. I am the only child and any other relatives of mine are scattered amongst Europe and I've never met them, isn't that lovely? I mean, I'm sure it would be trifles and trifles of joy to be surrounded by your caring family, but its just me and my dad.

My parents, Samuel Smith and Athena Anderson, met in their last year at Hogwarts. I don't get it. The were complete opposites, my dad being in Ravenclaw and my mother in Hufflepuff. He was intellectual and pompous while she was enthusiastic and patient. But they both were driven by determination and both had the same goals of working in the Ministry, so on that part, they got along just fine. My father definitely wouldn't settle down with someone who didn't share the same ambition as him. Guess he got what he wanted. Both passing with statisfactory N.E.W.T.S., they applied and received internships. About four years later, my dad worked in the Wizengamot Administration Services while my mum had a position in the Improper Use of Magic office. Dad grew very fond of Fudge, but mum didn't like him too much. A few years later, they both got married and had me right away.

After my mother's pregnancy, she had painful headaches. So my dad had to take her to a muggle doctor and the bloke did his job, checked her out and they discovered a cyst in her brain. And it was horrible, they said it was about the size of a golf-ball. My mum was always in and out of the hospital for the next five years and then about three months after my sixth birthday, she died. I didn't understand, hell, I was only six years old. My dad didn't tell me what exactly happened, he still hasn't told me. Whatever.

As I was growing up, I played obedient soldier while my dad played haughty dictator. Every toe had to be in line, there wasn't room for excuses. Any little imperfection, my dad would not have it. So I learned to perform any task he asked and expected of me. It surprised him that I got into Hufflepuff, it even surprised me! I mean, I think I would have been a fine Slytherin, no? Well, nevermind, I don't care of your opinion anyways. Over my schooling years, I have enjoyed my time in Hogwarts actually -- even got on the Quidditch team, Captain actually! Fifth year was the year when things got interesting. Potter and his friends decided to make up a little club, so you know, I went along, curiosity never hurt any one. And I'm sorry, really I am, but Expelliarmus against the Dark Lord. Seriously Potter? Yeah, I still stuck around until that witch Umbridge found us out. Maybe it wasn't meant to be.

personality

A far cry from brandishing loyalty and patience; Zacharias is strangely the complete opposite of a true Hufflepuff. He exudes selfishness, arrogance and stubbornness all out at once. His mind tends to lean towards the practical side of things which always shifts into skepticism. 'I'll believe it when I see it' is a motto that he goes by. Zacharias can be extremely blunt and outspoken, he isn't afraid to let anyone know what's right on his mind and he could care less if he hurts your feelings.

Zacharias understands that he can be a complete ass and a coward, but he doesn't admit it to himself. Hes far too proud to work in those departments. Instead, he just leaves it at that and never comes to a resolution. His temperament has gotten him quite noticed, especially since he's criticized Harry Potter's motives and harassed the hell out of Ginny Weasley. The few loyal friends that he has do their best to help Zacharias improve himself and his attitude, but he tends to shake it off and ignore them.

His father molded Zacharias into what he is today. Being overly critical, impatient and self-righteous; Zacharias adopted these qualities. Since his father is the only family hes got, he had no one else to look up to. He didn't have a kind mother or a caring brother to teach him whats right from wrong. He only knew by what his father forced into his head and he grew to carry himself into the selfish bastard he is today.

after the war

Zacharias kept to himself for most of the summer. His father praised him for fleeing from Hogwarts, told him it was the right decision and if he had stayed, then he would have died along with whoever was lost that night. Mr. Smith would bring up the subject various times - while they're eating dinner or when he read through the Daily Prophet. Truthfully, it made Zacharias feel guilty. He became nervous when he learned they would be able to back to Hogwarts, but didn't show it. Dying his hair brown, he had a sudden need to start over with himself and possibly seek redemption? Zacharias wasn't sure, he could only take one day at a time.
elly

Old 04-25-2010, 10:54 AM   #10
Played By
Mrs. Norris

Pureblood
Gryffindor, Year 6
Available

Default Lavender Brown

August 20, 1980
Alumnus
Gryffindor
Lavender Brown
biography

Okay, you want to hear about my family? It was pretty small when I was growing up – just me, my mum and my dad – but we’re all loud enough that we make up for that, no problems. I’m a half-blood, with my dad, Angus, being a wizard, and my mum, Cynthia, a muggle. It all works out quite well, since me and Mum bond over girly things, and then I talk to my dad about the magic side of things. And, naturally, I have them both wrapped around my little finger. They didn’t realise that another kid would be cool until after I’d already left for Hogwarts (I say it’s because they missed me so much), so little Matty, my brother, is only just turned seven. Cutest thing you’ve ever seen, I swear. Maybe it’s because I don’t see him most of the year, but god, I love that boy to bits - he’s going to be a right little heartbreaker, I’m telling you. I’m sad I won’t get the chance to be at Hogwarts with him so I can completely embarrass him by mollycoddling him twenty-four seven, but apparently, he says that’s a good thing. Guess I won’t be telling him about the trick staircases, then.

But anyway, this is meant to be about me! I was so glad when I got sorted into Gryffindor: Ravenclaws were nerds, Slytherins looked like a right moody bunch, and Hufflepuffs were just lame. Seriously, going to Hogwarts is the best thing that has ever happened to me, it has been the biggest adventure. I’ve made loads of friends, and all the magical beauty tips I’ve learned over the years – put it this way, I wouldn’t look this perfect every day without my trusty Sleekeazy’s potion, and well-used copy of Cosmetic Charms for the Cosmopolitan Witch.

There have been low points, and stuff that has been scary, like when Diggory was killed, and Umbridge was being a tyrant, and then seventh year that was just hell. But it was all worth it, we did it: at the end of term, at the Battle of Hogwarts, You-Know-Who was defeated. I have never been more terrified than that night. People were just everywhere, fighting, killing left right and centre. I was a seventh year, so I was allowed to fight, but everything was happening too fast, and I fell from a balcony, only to be bitten by that disgusting creature, Greyback. He wasn’t in werewolf form, thank god, but it’s still completely sickening, and between that and the fall, it meant I missed the moment of victory. But then, at least I lived, which is more than can be said for some of the others.

It’s going to be really weird this year, going back to Hogwarts again after getting ready to leave, and then people not being there who should have been. I think it would have been wrong though, leaving at a time when no Muggleborns were allowed, and Death Eaters running the place. It just wouldn’t be right.

personality

Lavender is similar to Marmite in that people often love her, or hate her: she’s bubbly, giggly, and will chase anything with a pulse, given half the chance. Her superficial, over-the-top nature can be grating and hard to bear for some, and she has been called high maintenance on more than one occasion, with good reason. But, despite all that, she is nice. Really. She’s good fun to have around, and loves having a natter about almost anything (apart from maybe school work, because she doesn’t want to get bored to death, thank you very much). Want someone to do your hair, or discuss the latest Witch Weekly articles with you? She’s your girl. Conversely, if you’re a guy wanting someone to tell you that you look like you’ve been working out and to laugh at your jokes as if they’re the funniest things on the planet, she’ll gladly do that, too.

When it comes to her studies, Lavender lacks motivation, to put it shortly. She is not incredibly intelligent, and easily distracted, so she prefers to not make the effort and devote her time to more worthy pursuits, rather than slog away and still end up with lacklustre results – it seems a waste of her time, in her opinion. The only exception to this is Divination, her one remotely studious passion. There’s something about it that fascinates her, and is the only subject she puts true effort into, with noticeable results: in her O.W.L.s, Divination was her only ‘Exceeds Expectations’ among the rest of her scraped ‘Acceptable’s.

The Sorting Hat didn’t put her into Gryffindor for nothing, and Lavender proves this with her loyalty to her friends – she has no problem sticking her neck out to defend a friend with a sharp word, and if she gives you her word, she means it. This faithfulness extends to her love life, as she would never dream of cheating on a boyfriend. Sure, she flirts with everyone, but once there are signs of something deeper underneath, she’ll put her everything into it – which is usually too much. Lavender wears her heart on her sleeve, and shown in the case of Ron Weasley in her sixth year, can take things too far, verging on obsessive. However, the nasty return back to reality once they broke up taught her an important lesson, and she has tried to tell herself not to make the same mistake again.

Though her coquettish, outgoing nature can make her seem a vision of confidence, she is often tortured with worries of what other people think of her, and much of her loud and domineering behaviour is a tool to try and make people see her when she has insecurities of being rejected. Lavender is not smart like Hermione, nor quite as cool as Parvati, and so she plays up her ditzy, flirty side, hoping to gain recognition in that way, through attention from boys. In the end, she just wants to be wanted.

after the war

Lavender had a quieter summer than usual, taking the time to recover from the battle, and come to terms with the losses that had been felt on their side. She didn’t lose anyone particularly close to her, but the whole battle was a shaking experience, and enough to subdue her for at least a little while. However, as September approaches, she feels more excited and antsy to return, and make some more good memories at Hogwarts, to try and make up for the bad ones. Though she’s not too excited about the idea of an extra year of classes and exams, it also means another year of gossiping in the common room before she has to go out and find a job, and that’s good enough for her.
Jenny

Closed Thread