"MY DESK," he boomed over the commotion going on in the room, "WHERE IS IT?" - Vincent Harroway (Andromeda Black) | View All Quotes
Toujours Pur (dot) Net
User CP The Atrium Members New Posts Today's Posts Search Fanfic Archive Logout

Old 05-12-2009, 07:41 AM   #11
Firewhisky
i've got one of them faces
Proud Wizard

Name: Alfeeeee
Style: Sectumsempra

Hunting Horcruxes (Offline)

Chamber of Secrets has always been one of my favourites in the whole series. I have to agree with you guys, Lockhart was such an amazing character to read. I think I've read this book more then 10 times! lol. My favourite character would be Tom Riddle. I liked how Tom was older than Harry, but still a student, so his thought process is a little bit quicker and more umm, intense, yet not mature enough to be thinking like a man, or an adult. You can still see that side of him that's just being an obnoxious, immature control freak.

My favourite parts would definitely be anything that involved the Polyjuice Potion. Them sneaking in Snape's office in the middle of the night, stealing his ingredients!? That calls for [s]balls[/s] courage. Lots of it! The Quidditch scenes were great too. Actually, I like all of it. lol

What I like most about the book is that, it's short and sweet, and it leaves you extremely satisfied.
Quote |
Old 01-28-2010, 01:20 PM   #12
Regulus Black
hang me up to dry
Ambassador

Name: Elly
Style: King & Lionheart

I'm almost done rereading COS and while doing so, I've remembered how much I loved this book. I have to say that I love reading any scenes with Lockhart or Dobby because I think they're great characters and they're funny. I can't believe I didn't remember how incredibly pompous Lockhart was, I wish we could've seen that more in the film. The parts that has freaked me out so far was that after each attack, how Rowling described the spiders scurrying to get out of the castle *cringes* I don't like spiders myself so the visualization wasn't that great lol! Hopefully I'll finish today that way I can hop right into PoA.

Quote |
Old 12-10-2016, 12:20 PM   #13
Lavender Brown
swish and flicker
Head of Household

Name: Jenny
Style: Fallen Flower

‘I tell you, the thing does not exist,’ said Professor Binns, shuf- fling his notes. ‘There is no Chamber and no monster.’

how can binns shuffle papers if he's a ghost?!?! i also wondered how nearly headless nick can receive a letter and tuck it into his pocket in PS. do they have ghost stationary??

also, it's disappointing that hermione is so out of action in this book. she's the reason basically everything moves forward, yet she doesn't get to participate

also, why didn't the basilisk just kill its victims with its venomous fangs after petrifying them? or just eat them?

Quote |