Toujours Pur (dot) Net
Edit Character · The Cast · The Biographies · The Prologue · The Guide · New Posts · OOC · Calendar

Old 03-23-2019, 05:01 PM   #21
my name is might-have-been
Played By
Olivia Greene
Portrayed By
Christopher Mintz-Plasse

June 9, 1980
Muggleborn
Hufflepuff, Alumnus
Crushing On Ellie Zini

bio | notes | ooc

He grunted at Parvati’s suggestion. “That better not be the case,” he said to her in a low voice. He thought for a moment. “Actually, you might stand to make some money off of this. You could read fortunes as people come in here. Tell them they’re doomed unless they donate to the museum.” His own wispy Patronus could do some good if, say, a dementor wandered into the frame. He shook his head at Parvati’s good fortune.

Satisfied with having seen both of their portraits by now, the two of them weren’t particularly interested in continuing. Each portrait they passed gave Justin a creepy feeling, as the subjects’ eyes followed them as they went. The Mona Lisa multiplied by 200.

They headed out the doors, and he had to shield his eyes from the shock of the sunlight. His hand smooshed his glasses into his face, and his eyelashes smudged the lenses. “Shite,” he mumbled as he pulled them off his face.

Quote |
Old 03-28-2019, 04:22 PM   #22
chuckin' my deuces up
Played By
vanouria
Portrayed By
Alyssah Ali

April 17th, 1980
Pureblood
Gryffindor, Year 9
Secretly Dating Blaise Zabini

bio | notes | ooc

Parvati mused at length at Justin's savvy business idea as they left the gallery and made their way outside to enjoy the rest of their break. "...and what if painting-me ends up not wanting to split with me?" she was asking. "I mean not that she could do much with a pile of Galleons but if she's going to do the work, then she has a right to be mad at me, you know? I would. Well of course I would - I'm the real me. But then is she also a real me?" Having a portrait in her honor seemed great until this moment, and she felt secretly thankful that there was no way her portrait-self could take on a corporeal form - she had read too many books about these kinds of body-double scenarios and it always led to the gruesome and ironic death of the originating person.

Relishing in sunlight, Parvati looked over and giggled at Justin struggling with his glasses. She took them from him and examined them, taking her wand out to begin cleaning them. "You know I love these as part of your aesthetic," Parvati said, holding the lenses up in front of her to see how she was doing. "But have you ever thought about doing away with them?"

Quote |
Old 04-03-2020, 08:18 PM   #23
my name is might-have-been
Played By
Olivia Greene
Portrayed By
Christopher Mintz-Plasse

June 9, 1980
Muggleborn
Hufflepuff, Alumnus
Crushing On Ellie Zini

bio | notes | ooc

Justin yelped when Parvati took off his glasses and he watched a blurry version of her clean them. “Well, no,” he began to answer, “One, I don’t think my eyes would be used to being out there on the surface… and two, without them I would be just one more good looking bloke on the street. I can’t deal with that kind of attention.” He paused. “I’d look like Theodore Nott without them, honestly,” he told Parvati in an off-handed tone, as if she already knew this. “It’s a choice not to.”

Wands Up: Parvati Patil |
Quote |
Old 04-12-2020, 12:30 AM   #24
chuckin' my deuces up
Played By
vanouria
Portrayed By
Alyssah Ali

April 17th, 1980
Pureblood
Gryffindor, Year 9
Secretly Dating Blaise Zabini

bio | notes | ooc

Parvati's smile widened until it burst into laughter at Justin's words, and she eased his glasses back onto his face for him though it was difficult to be careful when she was laughing. "No you're right," she said, and was being honest. "These give you a refreshing edge over the basic Theodore Notts of the world." She eased herself onto one of the flat pillars that were outside the building for decoration, withdrawing from her pocket some chocolate candies she'd bought from the gift shop. Pouring some out into her palm, she offered the box to Justin. "I know Theodore proved to be nice and all eventually, but he's not the one who has a portrait inside an art museum for his contributions," she said. "I'm not saying you should lead all your future dating endeavors with that but I'm also not not saying that." She winced with a grin. "Ouf, imagine trying to live up to that? I feel bad for any non-portrait having people vying for our affections. Do you think that's how high our standards should be from now on? That's not unrealistic right?"

Quote |